Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lauri's Bruschetta



Lauri's Bruschetta

This recipe comes from my cousin, Lauri. It is so simple and so delicious. Lauri made it for us the last time we all visited with my grandmother. She served it on toast as a snack/appetizer. I have also served it over noodles for dinner. The key is in the tomatoes. I used different colored cherry tomatoes. Also, I did not have fresh oregano so I used dried.

Sauté garlic, fresh basil, fresh rosemary and fresh oregano in olive oil or I use olive oil cooking spray to keep it lighter. Slice baby heirloom tomatoes in half and add them in. Continue to sauté until tomatoes soften but don't break down. Put in a bowl and let them get to room temperature. Then tear up fresh mozzarella and mix it in.

If you cant find baby heirlooms, use a mix of small tomatoes. The variation in flavor is really nice- cherry, grape, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment