Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Spicy Pumpkin Pie



When I was little and stressed out, my mom would bring me small presents. One of these gifts was the "365 Ways with Pies" cookbook. I think I made every one of them, but this one is an annual favorite on Thanksgiving. Its tasty and most importantly, easy!

Spicy Pumpkin Pie

2 eggs, beaten
¾ cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon cloves
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cup canned pumpkin
3 tablespoons molasses (or maple syrup, if you must)
1 tall can (1 2/3 cup) evaporated milk
1 unbaked pie shell

Combine eggs, sugar, spices, salt, pumpkin, and molasses. Add evaporated milk; stir until mixture is smooth. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake in 450 degree oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 and bake for 40 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment